The Capital Campaign Associate is responsible for spearheading the implementation of Habitat of Greater Newark’s capital campaign. This position will act as an intermediary between donors/key stakeholders and Habitat of Greater Newark. The Associate will report to the Fund Director. The position is part time and paid hourly on a consultant basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage capital campaign to include: prospect research, identification, and tracking; engaging board members and other donors; writing campaign communications and coordinating their design and production.
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing and public relations as it relates to a robust and comprehensive advertising campaign for the capital campaign and other possible initiatives to include all media pricing and placements.
- Organize news conferences and speaking engagements to help gain public’s attention in collaboration with PR consultant; Responsible for making sure all key people are in attendance for Habitat of Greater Newark capital campaign and other key events as necessary in collaboration with PR consultant.
- Increase the frequency of opportunities for publicity through creation and execution of detailed outreach/PR plan with PR consultant.
Handle the expanding public image of Habitat of Greater Newark through branding and other outreach opportunities; Specifically develop and execute creative ways to penetrate Hudson and Union County markets in coordination with capital campaign work as above.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree a plus.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of capital campaign/related fundraising experience with a focus on nonprofits.
- Candidate will have related fundraising experience developing and maintaining advertising campaign as it pertains capital campaigns.
- Candidate will have direct experience in creating and executing a capital campaign.
- Standing relationship with key funders and high net worth individuals in the market preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working on capital campaign required.
- Candidate must have a strong ability to articulate the organization’s relevance and value to media.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be knowledgeable about diverse communities and issues in affordable housing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and in team settings.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite required.
Salary is hourly and commensurate with experience, but in the $25 to $35 hourly range, depending on experience. Hours are part-time: 15-20 hours. Some hours may be work-at-home. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.