Keeping the lines of communication open for you & your family
NJ SHARES, Inc. is a statewide, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides assistance to individuals and families living in New Jersey who are in need of temporary help in paying their communications and energy bills.
Who is Eligible for Communications Lifeline?
It’s quick and easy to sign up for Verizon NJ’s Communications Lifeline.
You must be a Verizon residential landline phone customer or FiOS Internet customer to apply for these programs. If you need residential phone service or FiOS Internet service, contact Verizon NJ first at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966). You are eligible for service if you participate in any of these programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Program
- Federal Veterans Pension
- Federal Benefits Survivors Pension
- Eligibility based on income
What are the Benefits of Communications Lifeline?
Under the Communications Lifeline program, Verizon New Jersey Inc. offers the following Lifeline supported services as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier. Residential telephone customer may be eligible to receive free or discounted local telephone services. Communications Lifeline program participants can receive:
- Flat rate service: $1.95*
- Message rate service: $0.40*
- Low use message rate: no monthly charge
- Broadband (internet): $9.25 monthly discount
* Reflects monthly rate after discount applied
How do you apply?
All you need to do is call NJ SHARES at 1-888-337-3339 or log onto www.njshares.org