Through the Neighborhood Revitalization Program, HFHN offers Critical Home Repairs as an essential service to a more stable, vibrant community. We provide critical repairs, weatherization, and home preservation services to create healthy, comfortable, and safe homes.
- Healthy Homes Repair services offered to create healthy, comfortable and safe homes for patients who suffer from chronic illness brought about by substandard living conditions.
- Aging In Place Repair services provided to our senior community where they can continue living in a healthy, comfortable and safe home.
- Veteran Critical Repair Repair services provided to our veterans where they will have a decent, healthy, comfortable and safe home.
- Comfort Homes Joint repair program with PSE&G, Honeywell and Habitat to provide critical repairs and weatherization services to create healthy, energy efficient and safe homes.
- A Brush with Kindness Services include FREE smoke alarm installs. painting, landscaping and exterior home repairs.
How To Apply:
Step 1: Attend an orientation
Step 2: Complete an application and submit all documents
Step 3: Get approved through family services committee and pass a home visit
Step 4: Pay application processing fee ($50 for repairs less than $2,500) ($100 for repairs greater than $2,500)
Step 5: Complete sweat equity* hours (minimum of 8hours per repair project)
Step 6: Repairs begin!
Demonstrating the Need
- Based on income below 80% AMI (depending on family size)
- Home must be in substandard living conditions
Demonstrating Responsible Homeownership
- Must be current on all bill payments, including, Mortgage and Property Taxes
- No liens or judgments on property
Willingness to Partner with Habitat
- Meet Eligibility Criteria
- Pay $50 – $100 Application Fee (depending on project)
- Commitment to fulfill Sweat Equity Hours
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: DIANA YOUSSEF @ 973-624-3330 x 109