Cars For Homes
Do you have an older car, truck, van, trailer or RV taking up valuable space in your yard? Your car donation will support Habitat for Humanity’s local and global mission of eliminating poverty housing and homelessness.
Your car donation is yet another way to support Habitat for Humanity Newark & Greater Elizabeth. We make it quick and easy to donate, and your donation may be a tax deduction.
- Net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support local families here in our communities through Habitat’s work.
- Donations may qualify as a tax deduction (Link tax deduction page http://www.habitat.org/carsforhomes/tax_benefits_cfh.aspx).
- Donating is quick and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work (Link to FAQ page http://www.habitat.org/carsforhomes/faq.aspx).
How do I donate my car in Newark, New Jersey?
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
To donate my car in New Jersey, what paperwork do I need?
- The state of New Jersey will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
You will be given instructions for processing the vehicle’s title. If the title cannot be located, assistance is available. Then your donated car is assigned for pickup and sale, and arrangements are made to have the title processed.
You will be contacted to coordinate the vehicle and key pickup by a licensed and insured member of the national network of contractors who work for Advanced Remarketing Services, Habitat for Humanity’s authorized agent. Donated vehicles are typically picked up within two or three days after the title is received by our processing center. You can speed up the donation process by providing information and downloading documents online. Special arrangements can also be made whenever car donations must be made more quickly.
Who is Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc.?
They are Habitat’s authorized national agent that processes all of our vehicle donations. ARS handles title transfer, towing and reporting of all vehicle donations. Vehicle donations may be made online through CarDonationWizard.com and via their call center at 1-877-277-4344.
For more information please visit the Habitat International site.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newark, Inc.
P.O. Box 32189
Newark, NJ 07102